Farm Families of MS: Fish | Restaurants
With inferior fish from other countries invading local food markets, be sure to read the label to make sure you are getting Mississippi Farm Raised Catfish. Only U.S. Farm Raised Catfish are grown using high quality standards and safe practices.
Mississippi has over 51,000 acres of catfish ponds in production. In 2012, that was $165 million in production value to our state’s economy.
Check out our website at www.growingmississippi.org or follow us on Facebook by searching for Farm Families of Mississippi.
Crispy Baked Catfish Nuggets
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or finely grated extra sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup plain, dry breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash white pepper
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (5 ounces each) cut into nuggets
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Position oven rack on the bottom shelf of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray several times to coat.
3. In a shallow dish, combine cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder and white pepper. In another dish, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil.
4. Roll nuggets in lemon juice.oil mixture. Then, roll in cheese mixture. Dust with paprika and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place catfish on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees, and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until crust is golden and fish flakes easily.
Note: Catfish nuggets may be prepared and frozen for your family to enjoy at a later date. Simply follow the above directions. Once the fish is removed from the oven, allow to cool to room temperature. Place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to enjoy again, remove fish from the freezer and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes, and reduce temperature to 350 for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Recipe Source: The Catfish Institute, www.uscatfish.com
Information prepared by Nancy Freeman, Consultant, email@example.com
Information provided by Farm Families of Mississippi, www.growingmississippi.org
Top Bay St. Louis - Waveland Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Whereabouts: May 24-27
- Fugitives nabbed at daybreak by Pearl River County authorities
- PRCC graduates advised to set goals and keep trying
- Hand grenade found inside truck parked at Poplarville car dealership
- Graduates of the associate degree nursing program at Pearl River Community College receive their pi